While the All Icons page is intended for organizing icons at a macro level, you can use Favorites and Projects to organize your icons at a micro level.
To mark an icon as a favorite, you just need to click on the small ⭐ star symbol on top-right of each icon. To access the favorites page, just click on Favorites from the main navigation in the top-right of the app.
To add icons to a project, you can either:
- select one or more icons, then right-click to trigger the context menu > Add to Project
- select one or more icons, then click the [Add to Project] button in the export area (bottom-right of the app
To access the projects page, just click on Projects from the main navigation in the top-right of the app
Some advantages related to using projects in Nucleo:
- When you export an icon font from a project, the app creates an index and associates an index value to each icon; therefore, if you add/remove icons, you can export the new font and CSS files, and replace the old ones. The Unicode values will be preserved.
- When you export an SVG sprite, an icon font or an SVG symbol from a project, you can use the app to copy the CSS classes or the icons code (bye bye demo files!).
- Icon names (i.e., CSS class names) won't change in Projects when the same icons are updated in the All icons page. When an icon is copied to a Project, it becomes a new entity.